• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

Green Card

Harajuku.Boys

IndoForum Junior E
No. Urut
Sejak
8 Jun 2007
Pesan
Nilai reaksi
Poin
Gw gk tau harus bikin thread di mana ...
Mudah-mudahan disini bener ... :D

IFers sekalian, klo mau bikin green card persyaratannya apa aja seh ...
Trus apa gw bisa dapet green card itu, soalnya klo gk salah
Green card dpt nya dr undian ???
Thx ... /thx /thx /thx

Gw gk tau harus bikin thread di mana ...
Mudah-mudahan disini bener ... :D

IFers sekalian, klo mau bikin green card persyaratannya apa aja seh ...
Trus apa gw bisa dapet green card itu, soalnya klo gk salah
Green card dpt nya dr undian ???
Thx ... /thx /thx /thx

Ya BETUL, Greencard itu Limited, dalam setahun cuma dikasih untuk beberapa orang aja...

Check : http://www.dvlottery.state.gov/

Thx ya infonya ...
Tp klo mau ngajuin Visa ke Amerika
Alasannya buat kuliah apa pasti diterima ?
Soalnya klo mau interview ditanya dulu alasan "mau apa kesana ?"
Jd bingung deh, dapet visa+greencard koq susah sih ... /sob

Thx ya infonya ...
Tp klo mau ngajuin Visa ke Amerika
Alasannya buat kuliah apa pasti diterima ?
Soalnya klo mau interview ditanya dulu alasan "mau apa kesana ?"
Jd bingung deh, dapet visa+greencard koq susah sih ... /sob

ngaku kuliah?

mending jangan..

biasanya kalo di bilang mau kuliah, di minta surat dari uni ato college yang mau lu masukin...

malah jadi berabe nanti kalo pake alasan yg nggak2

saya mau bikin visa emang mau kuliah kk ^^
bukan boongan, abis ditanyain itu, nanti ditanyain klo kuliah dimana ? and tinggal sama siapa ???
Nah yg bikin aq bingung apa org indonesia gmpng bikin visa buat kuliah di amrik + dapet green card ...
Thx

saya mau bikin visa emang mau kuliah kk ^^
bukan boongan, abis ditanyain itu, nanti ditanyain klo kuliah dimana ? and tinggal sama siapa ???
Nah yg bikin aq bingung apa org indonesia gmpng bikin visa buat kuliah di amrik + dapet green card ...
Thx

Biasa nya setelah kuliah disana (by VISA maksud gue) , setau gue terlalu sulit buat apply Green Card...

Student Visas

Student Applicants (for F-1 and M-1 visas) - Overview
If you are going to the U.S. primarily for tourism, but want to take a short course of study of less than 18 hours per week, you may be able to do so on a visitor visa. You should inquire at the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate. If your course of study is more than 18 hours a week, you will need a student visa. Please read this information for general information on how to apply for an F1 or M1 student visa. For additional student related information, visit the EducationUSA website created by the Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs to learn about educational opportunities for undergraduate and graduate study, opportunities for scholars, financial aid, testing, admissions, and much more.
In most countries, first time student visa applicants are required to appear for an in-person interview. However, each embassy and consulate sets its own interview policies and procedures regarding student visas. Students should consult Embassy web sites or call for specific application instructions.
Keep in mind that June, July, and August are the busiest months in most consular sections, and interview appointments are the most difficult to get during that period. Students need to plan ahead to avoid having to make repeat visits to the Embassy. To the extent possible, students should bring the documents suggested below, as well as any other documents that might help establish their ties to the local community.
Changes introduced shortly after September 11, 2001 involve extensive and ongoing review of visa issuing practices as they relate to our national security. It is important to apply for your visa well in advance of your travel departure date.

When Do I Need to Apply for My Student Visa?
  • Students are encouraged to apply for their visa early to provide ample time for visa processing. Students may apply for their visa as soon as they are prepared to do so.
  • The consular officer may need to get special clearances depending on the course of study and nationality of the student. This can take some additional time. For more information on applicants who may have additional processing requirements see Special Processing Requirements.
  • Students should note that Embassies and Consulates are able to issue your student visa 120 days or less, in advance of the course of study registration date. If you apply for your visa more than 120 days prior to your start date or registration date as provided on the Form I-20, the Embassy or Consulate will hold your application until it is able to issue the visa. Consular officials will use that extra time to accomplish any of the necessary special clearances or other processes that may be required.
  • Students are advised of the Department of Homeland Security regulation which requires that all initial or beginning students enter the U.S. 30 days or less in advance of the course of study start/report date as shown on the Form I-20. Please consider this date carefully when making travel plans to the U.S.
  • A beginning student who wants an earlier entry into the U.S. (more than 30 days prior to the course start date), must qualify for, and obtain a visitor visa. A prospective student notation will be shown on his/her visitor visa and the traveler will need to make the intent to study clear to the U.S. immigration inspector at port of entry. Before beginning any studies, he or she must obtain a change of classification, filing Form I-539, Application for Change of Nonimmigrant Status, and also submit the required Form I-20 to the Department of Homeland Security office where the application is made. Please be aware that there is an additional fee of $140 for this process, and that one may not begin studies until the change of classification is approved.
  • Continuing students may apply for a new visa at any time, as long as they have been maintaining student status and their SEVIS records are current. Continuing students may also enter the U.S. at any time before their classes start.
What is SEVIS and SEVP? What should you know about it?
The Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP) is designed to help the Department of Homeland Security and Department of State better monitor school and exchange programs and F, M and J category visitors. Exchange visitor and student information is maintained in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). SEVIS is an Internet-based system that maintains accurate and current information on non-immigrant students (F and M visa), exchange visitors (J visa), and their dependents (F-2, M-2, and J-2). SEVIS enables schools and program sponsors to transmit mandatory information and event notifications via the Internet, to the Department of Homeland Security and Department of State (DOS) throughout a student or exchange visitor's stay in the United States. Select SEVIS to go to the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Internet site and learn more.

All student applicants must have a SEVIS generated I-20 issued by an educational institution approved by DHS, which they submit when they are applying for their student visa. The consular officer will need to verify your I-20 record electronically through the SEVIS system in order to process your student visa application. Unless otherwise exempt, participants whose SEVIS I-20 was issued on or after September 1, 2004 must pay a SEVIS I-901 Fee to the Department of Homeland Security for each individual program. The fee may be paid either through a special website, via Western Union, or by mail.See SEVIS-901 Fee or SEVIS for further information on how to pay the fee.

What is Needed to Apply for a Student Visa?
As part of the visa application process, an interview at the embassy consular section is required for visa applicants from age 14 through 79. Persons age 13 and younger, and age 80 and older, generally do not require an interview, unless requested by embassy or consulate. The waiting time for an interview appointment for applicants can vary, so early visa application is strongly encouraged It is important to remember that applying early and providing the requested documents does not guarantee that the student will receive a visa. Visa wait times for interview appointments and visa processing time information for each U.S. Embassy or Consulate worldwide is available on our website at Visa Wait Times , and on most embassy websites. During the visa application process, usually at the interview, an ink-free, digital fingerprint scan will be quickly taken. Some applicants will need additional screening, and will be notified when they apply. Also, because each student’s personal and academic situation is different, two students applying for same visa may be asked different questions and be required to submit different documents. For that reason, the guidelines that follow are general and can be abridged or expanded by consular officers overseas, depending on each student’s situation.
All applicants for a student visa must provide:
  • Form I-20A-B, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status-For Academic and Language Students or Form I-20M-N, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (M-1) Student Status for Vocational Students.You will need to submit a SEVIS generated Form, I-20, which was provided to you by your school.You and your school official must sign the I-20 form. All students, as well as their spouses and dependents must be registered in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS), an Internet-based system that maintains accurate and current information on non-immigrant students and exchange visitors and their dependents (F/M-2 visa holders). Your school is responsible for entering your information for the I-20 student visa form into SEVIS. Students will also have to pay an SEVIS I-901 fee for each program of study. Questions regarding your exchange program should be directly to your program sponsor;
  • A completed application, Nonimmigrant Visa Applicant, Form DS-156, together with a Form DS-158. Both forms must be completed and signed. Some applicants will also be required to complete and sign Form DS-157. A separate form is needed for children, even if they are included in a parent's passport. The DS-156 must be the March 2006 date, electronic "e-form application." Select Nonimmigrant Visa Application Form DS-156 to access the electronic version of the DS-156.
  • An interview at the embassy consular section is required for almost all visa applicants. The waiting time for an interview appointment for applicants can vary, so early visa application is strongly encouraged. During the visa interview, an ink-free, digital fingerprint scan will be quickly taken, as well as a digital photo. Some applicants will need additional screening, and will be notified when they apply.
  • A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States.
  • One (1) 2x2 photograph. See the required photo format explained in nonimmigrant photograph requirements;
  • A MRV fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee, a visa issuance fee if applicable (Please consult the Visa Reciprocity Table ) and a separate SEVIS I-901 fee receipt.While all F visa applicants must pay the MRV fee, including dependents, only the F-1 principal applicants must pay the SEVIS fee.
All applicants should be prepared to provide:
  • Transcripts and diplomas from previous institutions attended;
  • scores from standardized tests required by the educational institution such as the TOEFL, SAT, GRE, GMAT, etc.;
  • financial evidence that shows you or your parents who are sponsoring you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition and living expenses during the period of your intended study. For example, if you or your sponsor is a salaried employee, please bring income tax documents and original bank books and/or statements. If you or your sponsor own a business, please bring business registration, licenses, etc., and tax documents, as well as original bank books and/or statements.
Applicants with dependents must also provide:
  • Proof of the student’s relationship to his/her spouse and/or children (e.g., marriage and birth certificates.);
  • it is preferred that families apply for F-1 and F-2 visas at the same time, but if the spouse and children must apply separately at a later time, they should bring a copy of the student visa holder’s passport and visa, along with all other required documents.
Additional Information
  • No assurances regarding the issuance of visas can be given in advance. Therefore final travel plans or the purchase of nonrefundable tickets should not be made until a visa has been issued.
  • Unless previously canceled, a visa is valid until its expiration date. Therefore, if the traveler has a valid U.S. visa in an expired passport, do not remove the visa page from the expired passport. You may use it along with a new valid passport for travel and admission to the United States.
Entering the U.S. - Port of Entry
A visa allows a foreign citizen coming from abroad, to travel to the United States port-of entry and request permission to enter the U.S. Applicants should be aware that a visa does not guarantee entry into the United States. The Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials have authority to permit or deny admission to the United States. Student visitors must have their Form I-20 in their possession each time they enter the United States. Students should review important information about Admissions/Entry requirements on the Department of Homeland Security, Customs and Border Protection website. Upon arrival (at an international airport, seaport or land border crossing), you will be enrolled in the US-VISIT entry-exit program. In addition, some travelers will also need to register their entry into and their departure from the U.S. with the Special Registration program. If you are allowed to enter the U.S., the CBP official will determine the length of your visit on the Arrival-Departure Record (Form I-94). Since Form I-94 documents your authorized stay in the U.S., it’s very important to keep in your passport.

Staying Beyond Your Authorized Stay in the U.S. and Being Out of Status
  • You should carefully consider the dates of your authorized stay and make sure you are following the procedures under U.S. immigration laws. It is important that you depart the U.S. on or before the last day you are authorized to be in the U.S. on any given trip, based on the specified end date on your Arrival-Departure Record, Form I-94. Failure to depart the U.S. will cause you to be out-of-status. Additional information on successfully maintaining your immigration status while a student or exchange visitor can be found on the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) website. Staying beyond the period of time authorized by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and being out-of-status in the United States is a violation of U.S. immigration laws, and may cause you to be ineligible for a visa in the future for return travel to the U.S. Select Classes of Aliens Ineligible to Receive Visas to learn more. Staying unlawfully in the United States beyond the date Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officials have authorized--even by one day--results in your visa being automatically voided, in accordance with INA 222(g). Under this provision of immigration law, if you overstay on your nonimmigrant authorized stay in the U.S., your visa will be automatically voided. In this situation, you are required to reapply for a new nonimmigrant visa, generally in your country of nationality.
  • For nonimmigrants in the U.S. who have an Arrival-Departure Record, Form I-94 with the CBP admitting officer endorsement of Duration of Status or D/S, but who are no longer performing the same function in the U.S. that they were originally admitted to perform (e.g. you are no longer working for the same employer or you are no longer attending the same school), a DHS or an immigration judge makes a finding of status violation, resulting in the termination of the period of authorized stay.
What Items Do Returning Students Need?
All applicants applying for renewals must submit:
  • A passport valid for at least six months;
  • an application Form DS-156, together with a Form DS-158. Both forms must be completed and signed. Some applicants will also be required to complete and sign Form DS-157. Blank forms are available without charge at all U.S. consular offices and on the Visa Services website under Visa Applications Forms;
  • a receipt for visa processing fee. A receipt showing payment of the visa application fee for each applicant, including each child listed in a parent’s passport who is also applying for a U.S. visa, is needed;
  • a new I-20 or an I-20 that has been endorsed on the back by a school official within the past 12 months.
All applicants applying for renewals should be prepared to submit:
  • A certified copy of your grades from the school in which you are enrolled;
  • financial documents from you or your sponsor, showing your ability to cover the cost of your schooling.
Students Away from Classes More Than Five Months
Students in or outside the U.S., who have been away from classes for more than five months, will likely need a new visa to enter the U.S.

How long may I stay on my F-1 student visa?
When you enter the United States on a student visa, you will usually be admitted for the duration of your student status. That means you may stay as long as you are a full time student, even if the F-1 visa in your passport expires while you are in America. For a student who has completed the course of studies shown on the I-20, and any authorized practical training, the student is allowed the following additional time in the U.S. before departure:
  • F-1 student - An additional 60 days, to prepare for departure from the U.S. or to transfer to another school.
  • M-1 student - An additional 30 days to depart the U.S. (Fixed time period, in total not to exceed one year). The 30 days to prepare for departure is permitted as long as the student maintained a full course of study and maintained status. An M student may receive extensions up to three years for the total program.
As an example regarding duration of status, if you have a visa that is valid for five years that will expire on January 1, 2001, and you are admitted into the U.S. for the duration of your studies (often abbreviated in your passport or on your I-94 card as "D/S"), you may stay in the U.S. as long as you are a full time student. Even if January 1, 2001 passes and your visa expires while in America, you will still be in legal student status. However, if you depart the U.S. with an expired visa, you will need to obtain a new one before being able to return to America and resume your studies. A student visa cannot be renewed or re-issued in the United States; it must be done at an Embassy or Consulate abroad.

Public School
There are certain restrictions on attending public school in the U.S. Persons who violate these restrictions may not receive another visa for a period of five years.

The restrictions apply only to students holding F-1 visas. They do not apply to students attending public school on derivative visas, such as F-2, J-2 or H-4 visas. The restrictions also do not apply to students attending private schools on F-1 visas.

The restrictions are:
  • Students who attend public high schools in the U.S. are limited to twelve months of study. Public school attendance in the U.S. prior to November 30, 1996 does not count toward this limit.
  • F-1 visas can no longer be issued to attend public elementary or middle schools (Kindergarten - 8th grade) or publicly-funded adult education programs.
  • Before an F-1 visa for a public school can be issued, the student must show that the public school in the U.S. has been reimbursed for the full, unsubsidized per capita cost of the education as calculated by the school. Reimbursement may be indicated on the I-20. Consular officers may request copies of canceled checks and/or receipts confirming the payment as needed.
Last Update: May 2007
Source: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_1268.html

sama aku juga ga tau apa itu green card..... apa si itu?

greencard = kartu hijau

maksudnya kartu yang berwarna hijau... =))=))

sama ni:)) gw juga kaga ngarti:))

srius donk... green card itu kartu buat belajar di luar negeri?

ya udah..

temen gw bikin student visa langsung dapet kok..

gak di tanyain tinggal sama sapa..

cuma di tanya skolah di mana trus di cek surat2nya..

buat apa pake2 greencard segala?

sodara temen gw dah skolah di amrik 4 taun gak tertarik bwt apply greencard tuh..

United States Permanent Resident Card

Greencard3.gif

A United States Permanent Resident Card, also Green card, is an identification card for a lawful permanent resident (LPR) of the United States of America. Green card also refers to an immigration process of becoming a permanent resident. Green card serves as a proof that its holder has been officially granted immigration benefits, including permission to conditionally reside and take employment in the USA. The holder must maintain his permanent resident status, and can be removed if certain conditions of such status are not met.
Official name of the card is Permanent Resident Card (form I-551). The name "green card" comes from the fact that the predecessor, Alien Registration Receipt Card (form I-151) introduced at the end of World War II, was printed on green paper. Form I-551 was adopted in 1977 and has been printed on paper of various colors, none of which were green, but the term "Green card" has nonetheless remained in use. As of 2006, the card is mostly yellowish-white and the only prominent green feature is the background of the lettering on the back. A card includes the holder's name and photograph, and other information, and has been updated over the years with numerous anti-counterfeiting devices.
Green cards were formerly issued by the Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS). That agency has been absorbed into and replaced by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS), part of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Shortly after re-organization BCIS was re-named to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
While application for a green card is pending, and alien wants to legally work in the USA, a temporary work permit, Employment Authorization Document (EAD), is needed; if an alien wants to travel abroad - a temporary travel document, advance parole, has to obtained prior to travel.

Application process
An immigrant usually has to go through a three-step process to get the green card, which entitles him/her to live and work permanently in the United States (subject to certain rules and conditions). The whole process may take several years depending on the type of immigrant category and the country of birth.
  1. Immigrant Petition — in the first step, USCIS approves the immigrant petition by a qualifying relative, an employer, or in rare cases, such as with an investor visa, the applicant himself. If a sibling is applying, she or he must have the same parents as the applicant.
  2. Immigrant Visa Availability — in the second step, unless the applicant is an "immediate relative", an immigrant visa number through the National Visa Center (NVC) of the United States Department of State (DOS) must be available. Visa number might not be immediately available even if the USCIS approves the petition because the amount of immigrant visa numbers is limited every year by quotas set in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). There are also certain additional limitations by country of birth. Thus, most immigrants will be placed on lengthy waiting lists. Those immigrants who are immediate relatives of a U.S. citizen (spouses and children under 21 years of age, and parents of a U.S. citizen who is 21 years of age or older) are not subject to these quotas and may proceed to the next step immediately (IR immigrant category).
  3. Immigrant Visa Adjudication — in the third step, if an immigrant visa number becomes available the applicant must either apply with USCIS to adjust their current status to permanent resident status or apply with DOS for immigrant visa at the nearest U.S. consulate before being allowed to come to the USA.
Application process for family-sponsored visa

Green Card holders and nuclear families
Legal permanent residents (LPRs) married to foreigners are unable to legally bring their spouses (and families) to join them in the USA. The foreign spouse of a U.S. Green Card holder must wait for approval of an 'immigrant visa' from the State Department before entering the U.S. Due to a backlog in processing, such visas can take up to five years to be approved. In the interim, the spouse cannot enter the United States on any other visas or as a visitor.
LPRs are in a uniquely disadvantaged situation:
  • Visitors and non-immigrants coming to the U.S. on temporary visas for work, business, or study (including on H1, L1, B, and F1 visas) can sponsor their dependent spouses to travel with them.
  • U.S. citizens can sponsor their spouses to come to the USA in non-immigrant status and then convert to an immigrant status under the Legal Immigration and Family Equity Act (the "LIFE Act")
The issue of lawful permanent residents separated from their families for years is not a new problem. A mechanism to unite families of LPRs was created by the LIFE Act by the introduction of a 'V visa,' signed into law by President Bush. It effectively expired and is no longer available.
Bills HR1823 and HR4448 are in the U.S. Congress. The proposal for reviving the V visa is based on something that has little controversy — family unity — but passing such a bill into law is not a small matter.

Conditional permanent residence
As part of immigration reform under the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, as well as further reform enacted in 1996, persons who are eligible and properly apply for permanent residence based on a recent marriage or as an investor are granted permanent residence on a conditional basis for two years following an initial interview with an agent from USCIS. An exception to this rule is the case of a US Citizen or permanent resident legally sponsoring his/her spouse in which the marriage at the time of the adjustment of status (I-485) interview is more than two years old. In this case, the conditional status is waived and a 10 year Permanent Resident card is issued upon USCIS approval of the case following the Initial interview. A conditional resident will receive an i-551 stamp as well as a permanent resident card in the mail. However, the expiration date will be two years from issue, instead of ten. The category will also be CR instead of IR for residence obtained through marriage.
Otherwise, when this two year conditional period is over, the permanent residence automatically expires and the applicant is subject to deportation and removal. To avoid this, 90 days or less before the conditional residence expires, the applicant has to file Form i-751 (if permanent residence was obtained through marriage) or i-829 (if conditional residence was obtained as an investor) with USCIS to have the conditions removed. Once the application is received, permanent residence is extended for one year intervals until the request to remove conditions is approved or denied.
General, as well as specific supporting evidence that the basis on which the applicant obtained conditional permanent residence was not fraudulent is required by USCIS to be included with the application. For an application based on marriage, birth certificates of children, joint financial statements and letters from employers, friends and relatives are some types of evidence that is accepted. A followup face to face interview (i-751, removal of conditions) with an immigration inspector is sometimes required but usually waived if the evidence is sufficient. This is to ensure that the marriage was in good faith and not one of fraudulent means with a sole intention of obtaining a Green Card. Both husband and wife must attend both interviews under most circumstances. The applicant receives an i-551 stamp in their foreign passport upon approval of their case. The applicant is then free from the conditional requirement once the application is approved. The applicant's new 10-year permanent resident card arrives via mail to their residence several weeks to several months later and replaces their old 2 year conditional card.
It is important to note that this 2 year conditional residence period counts towards time as a permanent resident for all purposes including naturalization. However, the application for the removal of conditions must be adjudicated before naturalization is granted to the applicant.

Application process for employment-based visa
Many immigrants opt for this route, which requires an employer to "sponsor" (i.e. to petition before USCIS) the immigrant (known as alien beneficiary) through a presumed future job. The three-step process outlined above is described here in more detail for employment-based immigration process. After the process is complete, the alien is expected to take the certified job offered by the employer to substantiate his or her immigrant status, since the application ultimately rests on the alien's employment with that company in that particular position.
  1. Immigrant Petition includes pre-requisite labor certification step upon which the actual petition will reside.
    • Labor Certification — the employer must legally "prove" that it has a need to hire an alien for a specific position and that there are no minimally qualified U.S. citizen or LPR available to fill that position, hence the reason for hiring the alien. Some of the requirements to prove this situation include proof of advertising for the specific position, skill requirements that are particular to the job, verification of the prevailing wage for a position, and the employer's ability to pay. As of March 28, 2005, this is currently done through an electronic system known as PERM. Date when labor certifcation application was filed becomes applicant's priority date. In some cases, for highly skilled foreign nationals (EB1 and EB2 National Interest Waiver, e.g. researchers, athletes, artists or business executives) and "Schedule A" labor (nurses and physical therapists), this step is waived. This step is processed by the United States Department of Labor (DOL).
    • Immigrant Petition — the employer applies on the alien's behalf to obtain a visa number. The application is the Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker (form I-140) that is processed by the USCIS. There are several EB (stands for employment-based) immigrant categories under which the alien may apply, with progressively stricter requirements, but often shorter waiting times. Many of the applications are processed under the EB3 category.Currently, this process takes up to 6 months. Under many of the categories, the premium processing of this stage has also been started which allows this stage to be expedited.
  2. Immigrant Visa Availability. When immigrant petition is approved by USCIS, petition is forwarded to NVC for visa allocation. Currently this step centers around the priority date concept.
    • Priority date — visa becomes available when priority date assigned to applicant is earlier than the cutoff date announced on DOS Visa Bulletin or when immigrant visa category that applicant is assigned to is announced as "current" (in this case visa numbers are available to all applicants in the corresponding immigrant category). Petitions with priority dates earlier than cutoff date are expected to have visas available, therefore those applicants could move on to adjudicate their cases. When NVC determines that visa number could be available for a particular immigrant petition, visa is tentatively allocated to the applicant. NVC will send a letter stating that applicant may be eligible for adjustment of status and will ask whether applicant chooses to adjust status with USCIS or apply at the U.S. consulate abroad. This waiting process determines when applicant can expect the immigration case to be adjudicated. Due to quotas imposed on EB visa categories, there are more approved immigrant petitions than visas available under INA. High demand for visas has created a backlog of approved but not adjudicated cases. In addition, due to processing inefficiencies throughout DOS and USCIS systems, not all visas available under quota system in a given year were allocated to applicants by DOS. Since there is no quota carry-over to the next fiscal year, for several years visa quotas have not been fully used, thus adding to the visa backlog.
  3. Immigrant Visa Adjudication. When NVC determines that immigrant visa is available, case can be adjudicated. If alien is already in the U.S., that alien has a choice to finalize the green card process via adjustment of status in the U.S. or via consular processing abroad. If alien is outside of the U.S. he/she can only apply for an immigrant visa at U.S. consulate. The USCIS does not allow an alien to pursue consular processing and AOS simultaneously.
    • Adjustment of Status (AOS) — after the alien has labor certification application approved and has been provisionally allocated a visa number, the final step is to change his or her status to permanent residency. Adjustment of status is submitted to USCIS via Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (form I-485). If an immigrant visa number is available, the USCIS will allow "concurrent filing": it will accept forms I-140 and I-485 submitted in the same package or will accept form I-485 even before the approval of I-140. The USCIS conducts a series of background checks (including fingerprinting for FBI criminal background check and name checks) and makes decision on AOS. If application is approved, alien becomes LPR, and the actual green card is mailed to the aliens' last known mailing address.
    • Consular Processing — this is an alternative to AOS, but still requires the immigrant visa petition to be completed. The alien makes an appointment at the U.S. consulate in his/her home country, where a consular officer adjudicates the case. If the case is approved, the alien gains LPR status immediately. In the past (pre-2005), this process was somewhat faster than applying for AOS, so was sometimes used to circumvent long backlogs (of over 2 years in some cases). However, due to recent efficiency improvements by the USCIS, it is not clear whether applying via consular processing is faster than the regular AOS process. Consular processing is also thought to be riskier since there is no or very little recourse for appeal if the officer denies the application.
Recent developments
After a significant forward movement in the cutoff priority dates was announced on June 2007 Visa Bulletin, July 2007 Visa Bulletin has seen another unprecedented jump — after years of backlog stagnation all of the EB preference categories became current (except Other Workers). After issuing a revised July Visa Bulletin on July 2 (which set all priority dates as unavailable) and later nullifying it, it was clarified via USCIS Update on July 17, 2007 that USCIS will keep the applications filed and will re-open filings for a 31-day period from July 18 through August 17, 2007, in order to provide the same filing window to those filers who would have had been eligible to file if the July 2 actions had not taken place. Filers will be able to pay I-485 form filing fees according to July fee schedule during the entire window period.

New fee schedule
Effective August 1 but technically only starting on August 18, 2007 new rates for filing adjustment of status will be assessed. Where it previously cost $325 base fee plus a $70 biometric fee (if applicant is between 14 and 79 years of age) to file the I-485 form, it will now cost $930 plus biometrics fee of $80. This new fee however is a "package fee": an initial filing of I-765 form Application for Employment Authorization and I-131 form Application for Travel Document is free (whereas previous cost was $180 and $170 respectively).

Green Card lottery
Each year, around 50,000 immigrant visas are made available through the Diversity Visa (DV) program, also known as the Green Card Lottery to people who were born in countries with low rates of immigration to the United States (fewer than 50,000 immigrants in the past five years). Applicants can only qualify by country of birth, not by citizenship. Anyone who is selected under this lottery will be given the opportunity to apply for permanent residence. They can also file for their spouse and any unmarried children under the age of 21.
If permanent residence is granted, the winner (and his/her family, if applicable) receive an immigrant visa in their passport(s) that has to be "activated" within six months of issuance at any port of entry to the United States. The new immigrant receives a stamp on the visa as proof of lawful admittance to the United States, and the individual is now authorized to live and work permanently in the US. Finally, the actual "green card" will typically arrive by mail within a few months.

Green Card lottery scam
There is a growing number of fraudulent green card lottery scams, in which agents take money from applicants by submitting application forms for them, usually for a fee between US$50 to US$250. Some claim that they can increase the chance of winning the lottery. This is not true — in fact, they may delay or not submit the application. Likewise, some claim that they provide free airline tickets to winners or other benefits, such as submissions in future years and even cash funds. There is no way to guarantee their claims, and there are ample reasons for them not to fulfill their promises.
Both the Department of State and the Federal Trade Commission have issued warning statements about this type of fraud or similar business practices.

Recent developments
Over 6.4 million applications for the 2008 Diversity Visa Lottery were submitted. This is an increase from the more than 5.5 million applications submitted in the 2007 Diversity Visa Lottery. Taking into account dependents, there are more than 10 million participants in the 2008 Diversity Visa Lottery. Most of the applications were from Africa and Asia with 41 percent of the total from Africa, 38 percent from Asia, 19 percent coming from Europe, and 2 percent coming from South America, Central America, and the Caribbean. The largest number of applicants came from Bangladesh (more than 1.7 million applicants) followed by Nigeria (684,735) and Ukraine (619,584).

Maintaining permanent resident status
The card must be in the possession of the U.S. permanent resident at all times. This means that permanent resident must have a currently valid card on the person at all times and be able to show it to a USCIS officer, if requested. Though aliens with permanent resident status are required to carry these identification cards, American citizens are not required to carry any citizenship identification. Before September 11, 2001, while status was checked when one returned from foreign travel, the requirement to carry the green card was practically never enforced when the resident was traveling domestically. After that, officials from the DOS began occasionally asking people if they were U.S. citizens or not, and in the latter case require that the person present their Permanent Resident Card or other proof of legal status.
Under certain conditions, permanent residence status can be lost. This includes committing a criminal act that makes a person removable from the United States. A person might also be found to have abandoned their status if he or she moves to another country to live there permanently, stays outside the U.S. for more than 365 days (without getting a re-entry permit before leaving), or does not file income tax return. Permanent resident status can also be lost if it is found that the application or grounds for obtaining permanent residence was fraudulent. The failure to renew the permanent resident card does not result in the loss of status, except in the case of conditional permanent residents as noted above.
A person who loses their permanent residence is immediately removable from the United States and must leave the U.S. as soon as possible or face deportation and removal. In some cases the person may be banned from entering the country for 3 or 7 years, or even permanently.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Permanent_Resident_Card

@ ^

tambah ga mudenk aq???????/hmm

ya udah..

temen gw bikin student visa langsung dapet kok..

gak di tanyain tinggal sama sapa..

cuma di tanya skolah di mana trus di cek surat2nya..

buat apa pake2 greencard segala?

sodara temen gw dah skolah di amrik 4 taun gak tertarik bwt apply greencard tuh..

klo dah lulus kuliah nya kan biasana disuruh pulang om :D
makannya klo mau menetap butuh greencard itu ...

@Wilyongko, Kolor Digantung, Fantasi

tuh greencard kyk KTP, buat menetap di sana .. /heh
Klo visa, izin buat ke sananya ... bukan buat menetap ...
sory klo ada yg salah ...

gw baru nie ada yg namany green card /hmm

maklum katrok gw /heh

^
^
kok musti nunggu natr sie /heh

skrg aja dunk,udh penasaran bgt nie /gg

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.