• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

english language a cultural invasion?

indie007

IndoForum Newbie F
No. Urut
Sejak
28 Sep 2007
Pesan
Nilai reaksi
Poin
hi guys! ever thought that english and hollywood movies are influencing Indonesian culture?pls share your opinions!!:>

Without doubt.

Hollywood movies (US-origin) dominate not just this country but the whole world, really. But apart from the fact that it may all be a giant conspiracy-theory-like play by the US. It is also the receptivity of the audience themselves that is enhancing the state of penetration that it is "enjoying" now.

To take it further, not little local TV shows actually emulate those of US-origin shows. So, again, it is not only what is given that matters, but more importantly what is being received that is more important.

The fact that someone is giving you something does not mean that you have to receive it.

No I think not.
But nowadays it's influencing many Indonesian youths, especially for "cursing tradition" /gg

Well, for one to be able to truly "give", there must correspondingly be a "receiving" end. It's just tha it is almo cstomry for th "receiver to say that one was simply "given", and that one does not "receive", while, in actuality, one is very "receptive" towards that which was "given".

And it is also a considerably a valid obsevtion that people in general have the propensity to learn a form of foreign mean of communication starting with the unusual or supposedly interesting (and easy, perhaps) ones first, and in almot all cases, it is the "cursing kind".

:D

true... when i was still studying, the first thing i learned in spanish was the curses.... lol...

concerning the effect of foreign movies to indonesian audiances, well.... it depends to the level of inteligence most of our ppl have, which is sadly quite low... therefore it's easier to be manipulate by western propaganda

heem... dunno... maybe yes maybe no...

yes because it's turn bahasa in to english in a daily.. 4 example: Police.. not polisi..

no because i think english is needed by any country as a international language.. considering globalization as a major cause...

Cant be said so
Globalization isnt caused by US

But it's a fact that English is being used nowadays everywhere
Even in Africa

My point of views:

English is an international language
British was invaded many country, and causing them to learn&speak english (eg. Australia, NZ, Singapore)
but now.... most of powerful(great) countries are using english as their official language, (eg. US,Canada,UK,AU,SG,etc) and other countries became interested....
in fact , Mandarin speakers is more than English speakers, and mandarin become #1 most spoken language around the earth, but because the difficulty of its writing so people decided not make it as an international language

(CMIIW)
don't blame me if i wrong :(:)>-

I don't think so whether English would be a threat for Indonesian culture. there so many logical reason why ENglish is used everywhere besides the globalization issue. English is the richest language in vocabulary, you may figure it out when you being a translator. You may crazy to find whether to put a proper indonesian word for some terms in English. for example , Profitability. how can you define it in Bahasa ? you may define it in a sentences but you can't define it in a word. I use this "kemampulabaan" to define it in a word. It's awkward for the first time in official Bahasa, but hey see. it not an official terms but can be understood by others.
Somehow I just know something in English and can't translate it into Bahasa because of the limited vocabulary of bahasa. Well in my opinion, the richness of this language (English) is a factor why it was still used till today for global communication. Simply setting for a standard of an "everyone-can-get" language.

yeah, i think foreign language doesn't affect culture,
except if it were ur original language.

we should make a vote =))
that'll be fun

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.