• Saat ini anda mengakses IndoForum sebagai tamu dimana anda tidak mempunyai akses penuh untuk melihat artikel dan diskusi yang hanya diperuntukkan bagi anggota IndoForum. Dengan bergabung maka anda akan memiliki akses penuh untuk melakukan tanya-jawab, mengirim pesan teks, mengikuti polling dan menggunakan feature-feature lainnya. Proses registrasi sangatlah cepat, mudah dan gratis.
    Silahkan daftar dan validasi email anda untuk dapat mengakses forum ini sepenuhnya sebagai anggota. Harap masukkan alamat email yang benar dan cek email anda setelah daftar untuk validasi.

BRTI translation

Kenji

IndoForum Beginner A
No. Urut
Sejak
11 Okt 2007
Pesan
Nilai reaksi
Poin
FYI, if you visit BRTI's site at www.brti.or.id you'll find the website tag translation for BRTI (Badan Regulasi Telekomunikasi Indonesia ) as "Indonesia Telecommunications Regulatory Body" . Well, In my opinion, this is pathetic since they use "body" for badan . It's not a proper translation, I prefer to use "board" for "badan" than using "body". It seemed that the web developer used "transtool" in translating it. And too, since the general use purpose , I just think that "telecommunications" would not fit it, "telecommunication" would be fit it (IMO).
If they use telecommunication in a plural then It means they are the regulators for many form of telecommunication. It would be better to translate into single form. I guess, they think that they are regulator of many telecommunication operators in Indonesia so they put a plural form into it.

Well, how do you guys think about this ?

probably it should be centre/center , or Department of Indonesia Telecommunications Regulatory

it sounds funny for BRTI but I think they just can't be bothered to find a perfect name /heh

I think that they dont concerned too much 'bout this problem /swt

It appears that they don't use English anymore. Or am I wrong? On which page is it?

BRTI is a cool website thank you for the link.
I hope Indonesian Information and Technology infrastructures would improve in near future

URL Pendek:

| JAKARTA | BANDUNG | PEKANBARU | SURABAYA | SEMARANG |

Back
Atas.